I cannot tell a lie.
This is a recipe that is entirely someone else’s creation. I really don’t even change it – it’s delicious and works for my diet essentially as is.
I feel bad even posting it…or re-posting it for that matter. Because I can’t even say I made a few changes or swapped out a bunch of things. I didn’t. I literally removed one item from the ingredient list and it’s perfect. There’s not even salt in the original recipe.
But, if like me, you have CKD and are in need of some new recipes, I decided to post this one regardless. And honestly, even if you don’t have CKD, you should try this! It’s AMAZING and a really great item for summer. It’s light and there’s no mayo so you can easily take it to parties or outdoor get-togethers.
So without further ado, I give you…someone else’s amazing Strawberry Avocado Couscous Salad (this is my picture, however).
Original Recipe: HERE
There’s really no revised version here. The only thing I did is to remove the pine nuts. That’s it. Everything else should be the same, so I’m copying and pasting the recipe as is (without the nuts).
Note: I did add chicken to the last version I made and it was wonderful. It became more of an entree that way. If you choose to do this, just cook a few chicken tenders and slice them into bite-sized pieces.
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (if you buy frozen, just defrost them)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Optional: Chicken (See note above)
FOR THE LIME VINAIGRETTE
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
- To make the vinaigrette, whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lime zest and juice, and sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, cook couscous according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous, avocado, corn, strawberries, and cilantro. Stir in lime vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.